Friday, December 14, 2012

Final Reflection


Because of this course, I have learned that I need to have a better implementation of technology into the classroom.  I realized that I still have to work on keeping the attention of my students through engaging activities that are also accommodating to different learning styles.  My past thought process was that if students were on the computer I was meeting all needs but the UDL principles have shown me that I was way off with that idea.  My previous goal of creating screencasts for the classroom is very possible and is a great form of review for students.  I previous wanted to “flip” the classroom but I think that my time would be better spent making the lessons more interactive with the use of technology.  My goal of this has changed focus, while I still see the benefits of flipping, I want to flip such that there is more integration of material.  I don't want to have students just watch a video of me lecturing but have an active part of what is taking place, or else its not much of a learning process.  I also need to make sure that when using technology I am not using it for “technology’s sake”.

My goals have now adjusted from making a meaningful flipped classroom lesson to using/creating web quests that include students as part of the learning process.  I think I would like to try to have a lesson in which students end up having a discussion on a live document.  The reason I think that lesson would be beneficial for my students is that the teaching process is removed from the situation which will force my students to provide the conversation while I as the educator guide the discussion.  I first want to start this process of reaching my goal by finding meaningful websites and resources currently online and then add my own touch to the material to have a more direct correlation to the class.  I think that this goal is very possible for me because there is a large amount of material currently available; it just needs me to find it. 

1 comment:

  1. Corbin, I love that you have come to these conclusions about your goals. While I think that "flipping" is a worthy goal, I am excited that you want to make it a more interactive experience by providing collaborative experiences. Please keep us posted on how this goes!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete